Teaching Equality, Discrimination and Segregation - 18+ Lessons & Activities Using The Sneetches by Dr. Seuss
· Watch “The Sneetches” video and compare it to the book
· The Sneetches Activities @ Suessville.com
· Show your students A Class Divided and have them make comparisons between the film, The Sneetches and real life discrimination.
· Have students make Diversity Creatures
· Using The Sneetches to teach privilege and racial awareness link
· You’ve Got to be Taught to Hate and Fear link
· The Sneetches Literature Guide on LearningtoGive.org link
· Respecting Diversity on LearningtoGive.org link
· Creative collage lesson plan for Coolness vs. Discrimination
· What is Diversity? (Egg Activity) link
The Sneetches & Segregation:
Dr. Seuss Inspired Lesson for Black History Month
70+ Page Packet Includes:
Read Aloud Questions
If I was a Sneetch Drawing
Main Idea and Supporting Details
Compare and Contrast using a Venn Diagram
KWL Charts for segregation, Black History, Dr. Seuss and Civil Rights
Vocabulary Word List
Word Meaning - Dictionary Definitions
Using Vocabulary in Writing
Vocabulary Word Search and Answer Sheet
Vocabulary Definition Match
True or False and Fact or Opinion questions related to the story and American segregation
64 Crititcal Thinking Questions (handout and cards)
Short Response Q & A
Extended Response Q & A
A Letter to the Sneetches
What resources do you use to teach these topics and behaviors to your students?
Leave a Reply.
Good Morning, Ms. Williams!
Blogging, Creating & Sharing Educational Resources