- Shop Resources
- My Monthly Reading Goals
My Monthly Reading Goals
- 12 pages
- 1 goal sheet for each month of the school year
- 1 for the year
- 1 for the summer
Each sheet includes the following:
- My reading goals for (month) are
- I am going to work on my goals by
- Did you accomplish your goals? Circle your answer.
- YES NO
- Explain why you did or did not accomplish your goals:
- Is there anything you would do differently? Explain.
Students should be specific when goal setting. Encourage them to include how frequently they intend to read and what specific reading strategies they plan to implement.
- I plan to read for at least 45 minutes every night.
- I intend to stop and ask myself more questions when reading to improve my comprehension skills.
- I will read fewer picture books and more chapter books this month.
- I will use a dictionary when reading to improve my vocabulary and comprehension.
- I will read more autobiographies, magazine articles and poems to broaden my reading horizons.